You might be wondering if your children are up to speed academically following the disruptions to schooling they have experienced over the last 14 months. Have they done enough work to catch up this year and will they have done enough to get them where they want to be when crunch time comes?
If you are keen to focus on your child's academic journey, this is the perfect time to explore some tried and tested online resources .... and that is where Atom Learning comes in.
Atom Learning, is an online learning platform that combines industry-leading content, written by teachers, with sophisticated technology that keeps every pupil on their optimal learning path. It is tailored for those in Years 5 and 6.
Pupils work through maths, English, verbal and non-verbal reasoning. All the graphics are clear and colourful and the platform is very easy to use. Content is handwritten by leading UK teachers and each question has a detailed, individual explanation. If you get stuck on a question or can't remember how to do something, video tutorials and revision sheets which have been individually designed by teachers and education experts are available to help you; and a real bonus is that the software adapts to an individual student's level. This means that weaker students don't become demotivated while more able students are pushed.
So far, Atom has offered maths, English, verbal and non-verbal reasoning on the platform. But on 1 June, Atom Learning is launching Science! This promises to be another valuable resource which should enhance your child’s education and boost learning outcomes.
So what exactly will will you get?
- Complete curriculum coverage mapped to both the KS2 National Curriculum for Science and the ISEB 11+ Science syllabus
- Some curriculum coverage of early KS3 National Curriculum for Science and 13+ Science syllabus
- Content for four main topics: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Working Scientifically
- Around 8,000 science questions, 100 science videos and 100 science helpsheets
- Science mock tests based on either specific exams or a general year group progress test
- Weekly live science lessons
- 2 Science lessons a day over May half-term
- Differentiated materials for every topic in KS2: every topic has content from Y3 to Y6+. In schools, a child might only be taught a science topic once or twice in a four year period. On Atom, every science topic is revisited in every year group campaign. The product has been designed this way to maximise long-term learning - Atom wants children to remember what is taught and they also want to give Atom students the best possible chance to get ahead for KS3!
Great teachers are hard to beat but they are not always available when you need them. Using machine learning, Atom Learning claim their platform creates the optimal learning path for your child in the quickest time possible.
Take a look at Atom Learning. If you click on the hyperlink you can receive a 10% discount if you decide to subscribe. But first, there's a 5 day free trial so you can ... try before you buy! And if you do sign up, don't forget to cancel when you don't need the service any more.
If you subscribe to the 10% discount, Jumping Yak will earn an affiliate commission.